MOLOC [CLOSED] | Low Carbon Urban Morphologies
European cities are at the forefront of climate actions. They contribute to a large share of global greenhouse gas emissions, but they are also a privileged site for crucial initiatives. The morphology of a city is often inherited from the construction of a city along its history. Municipalities have to adapt this morphology to the current challenges of adaptation to climate change and energy transition. MOLOC stands for MOrphologies LOw Carbon and explores the brakes that limit the impact of local policies and actions in their ambitions to change current urban morphologies in the light of sustainable development.
The MOLOC project raises two main questions:
- What are the means of action to adapt urban morphologies to the impacts of climate change and energy transition ?
- How to overcome isolated experimentation and build a coherent model of low-carbon city ?
In this challenging context, MOLOC aims to develop a new city building approach, associating quality of life and energy efficiency. Project partners, involved in energy transition strategies, will collectively design and test innovative ways of achieving low-carbon cities through a three steps program:
- 2017-2018: comparative analysis
- 2019: design of local action plans
- 2020-2021: action plan's implementation and monitoring
Through these stages each city involved in the project will elaborate and implement an action plan for a low-carbon strategy, co-designed with local partners. The action plans will reflect mutual exchanges that are taken place within the project (study visits and exchanges of best practices).
The realisation of efficienct action plans will contribute to the improvement of policy instruments, addressed by the project. Each partner has set up a local stakeholder group to co-design their action plan. Inspired by a bottom-up approach, partners will pay attention to citizens needs, appropriation by local stakeholders within the whole process and a wider dissemination.
1. Spatial decision support system for low-carbon sustainable cities development: An interactive storytelling dashboard for the city of Turin / Pignatelli, Maurizia; TORABI MOGHADAM, Sara; Genta, Chiara; Lombardi, Patrizia. - In: SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND SOCIETY. - ISSN 2210-6715. - ELETTRONICO. - (In corso di stampa).
2. Rapporto allegato a PRG (Piano Regolatore Generale) Servizio di supporto alle attività del progetto MOLOC “Morphologies Low Carbon”, PROPOSTA TECNICA DEL PROGETTO PRELIMINARE, DOCUMENTAZIONE DI STUDIO - QUADERNO 6/2 / Abastante, F.; Brunetta, G.; Caldarice, O.; Genta, C.; Lombardi, P.; Pignatelli, M.; Salata, S.; Torabi Moghadam, S.; Gilardi, R. A.; Mazza, L.; Moscariello, M. A.. - ELETTRONICO. - (2020), pp. 1-147.
(2017 - 2021)
Città di Torino