2nd Italian Workshop on Shell and Spatial Structures IWSS2023 - June 26 to 28, 2023 - CASTELLO DEL VALENTINO- TURIN
The second edition of the event "Italian Workshop on Shell and Spatial Structures" named IWSS2023, will be held in Turin, in the beautiful venue of the “Castello del Valentino” Savoy residence on the banks of the Po River, in the days between June 26 to 28, 2023. The Conference program will include Invited Lectures and Keynote talks by well-known international and national experts, presentations by researchers of universities, research centers and technical companies.
IWSS is interested in the design, modelling, analysis, construction, and other aspects of the technology of all types of shell and spatial structures. These may include, but are not limited to, tension and membrane structures, framed and lattice structures, gridshells and active-bending structures, shell roofs, tensegrity structures, pneumatic and inflatable structures, active and deployable structures, concrete, metal, masonry, timber and bio-based, spatial structures. The IWSS topics are devoted to experimental and theoretical studies, analysis methods and approaches regarding design aspects, computational form finding, structural optimization, manufacturing, testing and maintenance techniques, historical reviews.
- Sigrid Adriaensenss Civ.& Env. Eng.Princeton Univ., USA
- Maurizio Angelillo Universita' degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
- Kai-Uwe Blet zinger Technische Universität München
- Massimo Cuomo Universita' degli Studi di Catania, Italy
- Giuseppe Fallacara Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- Fernando Frat ernali Universita' degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
- Charis Gantes National Tech.Univ. of Athens. Greece
- Simon Guest University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Carlos Lazaro Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Gabriele Milani Politecnico di MIlano, Italy
Conference Proceedings will be published on indexed Springer book. Authors of selected contributions will be invited to submit unpublished full paper to either one of two special issues of MECCANICA (Springer) and STRUCTURES (Elsevier) consistently with the topic of the papers within 30 October 2023. All the papers will undergo a standard peer-review process.
Important dates and subscription
The Workshop will take place on 26 - 28 June 2023
Partecipation conditions can be found here
Call for Abstracts closes 15 March 2023. The deadline for abstract submission to IWSS2023 Workshop is postponed to April 7, 2023. Short-paper (6-10 pages) submission closes 30 April 2023. The deadline for submission of the short paper for proceedings to be published in Springer is postponed to May 20, 2023
Early Bird Registration closes 30 April 2023.